I seek beauty.
I live for the quiet moments that often go unnoticed.
I believe in the power of stories and the wonder of love.
I fell in love with photography at an early age, enticed by the camera’s ability to document life and to tell stories through images. Now, this passion of mine has become my life’s work. A bride’s laugh, a father’s embrace of his daughter, a single tear rolling down a groom’s cheek– these are the fleeting moments I capture through my lens. I am drawn to the simple, the sweet, the understated. I fuse a photojournalistic approach with a fine art sensibility. I have a special place in my heart for unique couples, multicultural celebrations, and everyday adventures.
My background is in documentary work, for which I have received several awards. My photography is also regularly featured in wedding publications such as Elizabeth Anne Designs, DIY Bride, La Belle Bride, Wedding Nouveau, 7×7, The Wedding Yentas, and more. I am based in San Francisco, but I have traveled all around the country for weddings, from Arizona to Connecticut to Kentucky (amongst many others). I like to daydream about where I might go next… Hawaii, Australia, or somewhere in Europe, perhaps?
I can’t wait to meet you, and I would be honored to tell your story too. Contact me at anna[at]annawu[dot]com for more information or to book a session today.
Many thanks to Hannah Suh for taking all of my portraits that appear in the banner and on information pages on the site.
15 Things I Love…
- Comfort and simplicity over excitement or drama
- “Real” conversations
- Snail mail
- Anything that comes in an array of colors (I could wander aimlessly around an art store forever)
- Melting into huge poofy down comforters
- Awesome rooftop views
- Beautiful light streaming through pretty much anything
- Listening to the rain
- Driving down roads surrounded by trees in the fall
- Rachmaninoff’s 2nd Piano Concerto
- Talented dancers
- Hearing Taiwanese, even if I have no idea what’s being said.
- A good read
- Food, food, food. And memorable dining experiences with friends.
- Finding inspiration unexpectedly