It’s a little late into the season, but I’m happy to introduce the very first Anna Wu Photography Assistant Program, starting 2010.
I am looking for one to three people who are seriously interested in photography and have time to dedicate to learning and working with me.
Please read through this page thoroughly before applying. Thank you!
THE ASSISTANT PROGRAM
- I am looking for one to three assistants to start right away.
- I am located in Mission Bay, San Francisco, close to the ballpark.
- This assistant program is unpaid, but I will teach you as much as possible and bring you behind the scenes into my world as a wedding photographer.
- Are an aspiring photographer with serious interest in working as a photographer either part-time or full-time.
- Are post-college and available to work on weekends.
- Have a solid foundational understanding of dSLR photography and own your own dSLR.
- Have not photographed more than two weddings as the primary photographer.
- Are involved in social media (twitter, facebook, blog).
- Live in the San Francisco Bay Area and are able to travel to San Francisco once a month.
- Are reliable and professional. You arrive on time and must not cancel on your commitments.
Tasks include, but are not limited to,
- Working one day a week (approx. 4 hours) with me: once a month at my home office in SF
- Meet virtually (gchat/skype/phone) the other three weeks of the month.
- Assisting with marketing
- Preparing and shipping client discs
- Assisting at shoots when available– mainly assisting with lighting and gear.
- This is not a second shooter position, but you may be allowed to take photos for personal portfolio use ONLY when there is time.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- Insights into both the technical side and the business side of wedding photography
- Constant feedback on your images and portfolio
- Behind-the-scenes view of my business– emails, client contacts, shooting, post-processing, and more
- Access to my overflow photography inquiries
- An ally and a friend
- The adventure of learning with me as I learn!
- Please email me at anna[at]annawu[dot]com.
- Include: your contact information, a short introduction into your photography background, and what you would bring to the table. Also include a link to your online portfolio of 10-15 of your best images from weddings or portraits. If you do not have images already online, please contact me for further instructions.
I will be setting up interviews with potential assistants in the next couple weeks and will have a trial run period before final confirmations are made. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Please contact me only via email. Facebook messages, tweets, etc. will not be considered as an official application.
And of course, because no post is complete without a photo, here’s a photo of Shang Chen from our Seattle trip last month. Shang is an amazing photographer, my own friend and ally, and the inspiration for my own assistantship program. Check her out at shangchenphoto.com.