Category archives: behind the scenes
- THE BACKGROUND: I have been a Canon user all my life (since age 10). I recently bought my first Sony, the a7s, in 2014, and I've loved having the smaller mirrorless camera with its awesome features like wifi and silent shooting. But now, my lens has broken in the same exact way four times in a row, [...]
- Scenes from around town in October as various friends came to visit!
The Mill with Michelle the day before Young & Jess' wedding.
Lester's birthday dinner.
Dim sum Sunday!
Hanging out in the Mission.
My new best friend, whom I named "sassafr[...]
- Twenty-five years ago, the Contemporary Arts Center in Cincinnati exhibited Robert Mapplethorpe's "The Perfect Moment" and was immediately met with controversy. Nine of the first people through the door were a grand jury who looked at the 175 images and deemed seven of them to not only be offensive [...]
- Last weekend, I teamed up with Brianne of Brown Fox Calligraphy and Melanie of Hawthorn Flower Studio to offer our "Calligraphy and Centerpieces" workshop in San Francisco. We had a full class of ten awesome students. They first learned the basics of calligraphy for menus and escort cards and then e[...]
- I absolutely love delivering wedding albums as a final product to my clients. These albums are hand crafted to perfection, and they'll last for generations to come. I actually delivered this to Grace and Andy quite a while ago, but I forgot to post about it until now! They selected the "silver moon"[...]
- Art all around Philly! The first weekend of October, hundreds of artists opened their doors to the public as part of the Philadelphia Open Studio Tours. Check out some of the artists-- and my other art wanderings around the city-- below.
A little visit to the Center of Art in Wood when I was [...]
- More Philly adventures! I was back in Philly again this month, hanging out with Justin and exploring the city. Here is an assortment of snapshots from around town. To kick it off, the Free Library of Philadelphia. I went in search of a book on Robert Mapplethorpe's "The Perfect Moment" exhibit that [...]
- The last weekend of September, I headed to NYC for a brief visit from Philly. It was perfect timing, because we got out of town while Philadelphia was shut down for the Pope's visit; I got to photograph my clients' engagement session in Central Park, and Boba Guys was following me all the way from S[...]
- At the end of August, I got to make a trip down to LA to photograph cupcakes for Dots in Pasadena. Pretty awesome career move! As an extra bonus, I also got to meet baby Ellie, hang out with great friends, and explore the Arts District. See some of my snapshots around town below:
Baby Ellie! [...]
- Two mini adventures with Duke friends around the Bay. One: Point Reyes, a tree tunnel, and an abandoned ship. Two: A hike up Panoramic Hill with views as lovely as promised.
Debo, Dan, and I headed up to North Bay. Our first stop: Point Reyes lighthouse.
Next, we went to visit this[...]
- My friend Sarah is the epitome of boho chic. She splits her time between Paris and California and is always off on a new adventure, trekking across the world by herself or with friends in different countries every year. For her birthday, she held a low-key but adorable little gathering in the spare [...]
- Here we are, back in the land of neutral seasons. Snapshots from my San Francisco summer.
Renegade Craft Fair
28 Chinese at the Asian Art Museum.
Museum of Craft and Design:
Asha Tea in Berkeley.
Mathilda at the Orpheum with Nancy, and an ar[...]