Category archives: behind the scenes
- Hello, Seattle. Justin and I headed over for a quick weekend trip filled mostly by meeting up with friends. See some glimpses below!
Suzallo Library at UW.
Arthur meets Justin.
While Arthur had nap time, the grownups took a photo with Berkeley.
Red Robin meetup with the Liangs an[...]
- A glance back at my time in Philadelphia three months ago and already three trips to Philly ago.
A visit to the Edgar Allan Poe house where he wrote The Raven amongst many other works.
Michelle and Frank came down from NYC and we headed to Beiler's Don[...]
- This industry sure knows how to throw itself a party! I was thrilled when The Pearl asked me to photograph their inaugural showcase last week. The Pearl is a beautiful new venue in the Dogpatch neighborhood of San Francisco. It's been open just under a year and is full of distinctive artwork from ar[...]
- I love getting to kick off each new year with a little gathering of my friends as I indulge in a bit of a birthday celebration. Last year, we took a pottery class, while the year before, we threw a swanky party in the garden at my studio. This year, I riffed on the crafting theme as we headed back t[...]
- Here's a quick peek at Maxine and Justin's beautiful guest book we made with images from their engagement session. I love how the photo wrap turned out for their cover. The matte finish is perfect and modern.
Just a few of the simple layouts inside:
It's a perfect balance between featu[...]
- I love catching up on client albums this time of year. With Karen and Casey, we went for a simple, elegant design encased in this beautiful gunmetal gray leather.
Full spreads are my favorite! Love this super windy portrait of them under the Golden Gate.
Again, we're keeping it[...]
- I had such a wonderful time curating my client gifts this year. I got to combine my love of travel, photographs, and storytelling into fun little holiday packages. Starting back in January, I picked up mini maple syrup bottles from my trip to Vermont, and as I traveled throughout the year, I searche[...]
- The background: This is a post for my fellow creative entrepreneurs. Both Honeybook and Dubsado are client management systems designed to handle inquiries and the booking process, such as signing contracts and accepting payments. I was not asked by either of these companies to write this review, but[...]
- I love getting to see my couples' wedding stories commemorated in an heirloom album. Bryna and Andrew chose a beautiful light grey leather for their album. We kept it very simple with the layouts inside, but I love the way we captured the charm of their backyard wedding.
- Autumn in Acadia is simply stunning. Much like my time in Yosemite, we had persistent fog and rain hanging over us. And yet, it was still so beautiful. Fog and foliage make a great match after all.
Sunrise from Cadillac Mountain... the first spot to see s[...]
- Beautiful foliage, delicious lobsters, cute towns, and we even happened upon an alpaca farm. Ahh, it must be fall in Maine. Maine has been beckoning me for a few years now, and Justin and I finally got to make our way up the coast this October. I headed over to the East Coast as soon as I had a brea[...]
- I stood on the side of the road, the mist rolling gently through the mountains before me. Calmness. Gratitude. I had never been so glad to see a rainy day. Normally people are disappointed when rain pervades their Yosemite trip. You might normally hope for sunny skies or a classic golden hour and a [...]