Category archives: behind the scenes
- I am thrilled to share Katherine and Josh's beautiful wedding albums today. They opted for a turquoise mist silk cover, which coordinated perfectly with their wedding colors. We created one 10-inch album for Katherine and Josh and two 6-inch albums for their parents.
I love the mini albums, b[...]
- I'm so excited to share my latest personal project: the Portrait Party. The idea is very simple: I gather a small group of people, we throw ourselves a little party, and I take portraits of everyone. I come across so many people who say they could really use an updated headshot, but instead of just [...]
- The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art is back after a three-year renovation, and it's beautiful. The museum opens to the public this Saturday, May 14, but I couldn't wait so I signed up for membership and have already visited the museum twice in the last two weeks during member previews! Below are [...]
- Back in March, right after I had gotten back from New Zealand and Australia (which I have yet to blog), I got to join my friend Nancy for a day of wine tasting in Healdsburg in celebration of her birthday. It was such a lovely way to return to California. See some of the beautiful vineyards and tast[...]
- I'm delighted to share this wedding album with you all. We created this beautiful leather book filled with images from Stephanie and Dalen's San Francisco wedding. See some of the elegant pages below!
Anna Wu is a wedding photographer based in the San Francisco Bay Area. C[...]
- This cozy little cafe is one of my new favorite tea spots in the Bay Area. Located on San Pablo Ave. in Berkeley, Far Leaves Tea serves traditional Asian teas in a quiet setting. It can be a little confusing to enter the space at first; they seem to have quite a loyal following of regulars, but the [...]
- Wedding albums are such a beautiful way to present a wedding story. I absolutely love creating them my clients. Here is Jen and Mike's album from their San Francisco wedding a couple years ago. I'm a bit late in getting around to sharing it, but thankfully these books are timeless!
- I'm thrilled to introduce Aisle Society, a brand new website that was created by over thirty wedding bloggers. It serves as an interactive hub for wedding inspiration. Hop on over to see the new platform, and glimpse a few images from the Aisle Society launch party in San Francisco a couple months a[...]
- Let's take a little peek into Teance, a store in Berkeley's West 4th shopping district.
The store sells a variety of single-origin teas sourced from Asia. In the center is a round table where you can order full tea tastings, and in the back is a small cafe area with seating upstairs.
- I never particularly loved museums growing up. That's not to say I didn't still find myself in a fair share of them, but I would rarely select a museum over another activity or just wandering a city. It's only in the last couple years that I've found myself drawn to these places. I think especially [...]
- Scenes from my San Francisco Bay Area explorations in the last couple months.
A hike at Cataract Falls, racing against the sun.
Boutiques in Oakland's Temescal Alley.
Asian Art Museum.
San Francisco Ferry Building.
Old Town, Oaklan[...]
- This year for my birthday, I opted for an interactive gathering: a pottery class! We gathered at Play with Clay in El Cerrito and dug in, pottery wheels and all. It was so much fun, I'm already plotting my next return to the wheel.
I went with full traditional paper invites and everything, design[...]