Category archives: behind the scenes
- Wedding albums are such a beautiful way to present a wedding story. I absolutely love creating them my clients. Here is Jen and Mike's album from their San Francisco wedding a couple years ago. I'm a bit late in getting around to sharing it, but thankfully these books are timeless!
- I'm thrilled to introduce Aisle Society, a brand new website that was created by over thirty wedding bloggers. It serves as an interactive hub for wedding inspiration. Hop on over to see the new platform, and glimpse a few images from the Aisle Society launch party in San Francisco a couple months a[...]
- Let's take a little peek into Teance, a store in Berkeley's West 4th shopping district.
The store sells a variety of single-origin teas sourced from Asia. In the center is a round table where you can order full tea tastings, and in the back is a small cafe area with seating upstairs.
- I never particularly loved museums growing up. That's not to say I didn't still find myself in a fair share of them, but I would rarely select a museum over another activity or just wandering a city. It's only in the last couple years that I've found myself drawn to these places. I think especially [...]
- Scenes from my San Francisco Bay Area explorations in the last couple months.
A hike at Cataract Falls, racing against the sun.
Boutiques in Oakland's Temescal Alley.
Asian Art Museum.
San Francisco Ferry Building.
Old Town, Oaklan[...]
- This year for my birthday, I opted for an interactive gathering: a pottery class! We gathered at Play with Clay in El Cerrito and dug in, pottery wheels and all. It was so much fun, I'm already plotting my next return to the wheel.
I went with full traditional paper invites and everything, design[...]
- I absolutely love seeing all the beautiful creations from my friend Brianne over at Brown Fox Calligraphy. We met up at my studio one day so I could help her photograph some of her favorite wedding suites and miscellaneous pieces from 2015. They're all so pretty, it's impossible to pick favorites, [...]
- Asha Tea House in Berkeley has long been one of my favorite tea spots, so I was excited to see that they opened a new location in San Francisco a few months ago. My friend Saira and I hopped over for a tea date one afternoon.
Most orders at Asha are just handed over in to-go cups, but Saira an[...]
- The story of Ami and Arjun's wedding is beautifully retold in their heirloom wedding album. All the colors and details of the day are perfectly balanced with the moments and the people who were there to celebrate. See the gorgeous book below!
Anna Wu is a wedding photogr[...]
- Vermont was the perfect weekend getaway to kick off the new year. We did intend to go skiing initially, but the poor snow conditions meant we skipped the slopes and stuck to the cozy cottage and all the small-town cheese and maple syrup shops.
- A quick little weekend trip to New York City!
Thanks to Charinee and Dom for hosting us in your beautiful Brooklyn home!
And thanks to the TAFers crew for a last-minute meetup too!
Anna Wu is a wedding and portrait photographer based in San Francisco but often trav[...]
- East Coast winter! Here's a glimpse of my time in Philly over the holidays.
An adorable little cafe in Conshohocken
Go West Craft Fest
Perla & WhsitlePig pop-up dinner at Turnkey
Holiday squares around Center City