Tags archives: san francisco bay area
- Snapshots from the Bay, this past December & January.
A mini Duke reunion
Old Ladies Knitting Club!
Tuesdays Together San Francisco, happy hour edition.
Sarah Kersten studio sale.
A weekend trip to Tahoe with Justin, Greg & Tiffany!
Many trips to SFMOMA.
- The Presidio is such a special area in San Francisco. It's a national park spanning the entire northwestern corner of the city, and it comprises forests, beach, nature trails, and several gorgeous wedding venues. In short, it's one of my favorite things about the city. I was thrilled to be asked bac[...]
- About an hour south of San Francisco is a little hidden gem: a hostel on the sea at Pigeon Point Lighthouse. For $40, you get a room, access to a hot tub overlooking the ocean, and even wifi. Kim and Chris discovered this little hideaway together, and one day on a romantic stroll down to the beach, [...]
- Today marks the 70th anniversary of the February 28 (228) Massacre in Taiwan. Tens of thousands were murdered by the Nationalist government that had fled China and taken over rule in Taiwan, and martial law was imposed for 40 years thereafter. Incredibly, Taiwan has since become a vibrant democracy [...]
- Snapshots from my Bay Area adventures this past November.
A little shadow play at Little Gem.
Tai Chi Jian Bing.
Scouting Jordan Winery for a surprise proposal!
Always lovely to take a little Napa retreat.
We picked up some goodies from the Dry Creek General Store and headed[...]
- "Imagine your drunk best friend," said Casey, " crossed with a well-researched museum docent." So described the kind of tone promised by Museum Hack in its alternative, modern museum tours. I was excited to test out one of these "Un-Highlights" tours when they offered me a pair of media tickets. Gra[...]
- I've brought back my Portrait Parties! This was the third party in the series after a long hiatus from last year. The idea is very simple: I gather a small group of people, we throw ourselves a little party, and I take portraits of everyone. Each participant contributes to the party too, and we all [...]
- This industry sure knows how to throw itself a party! I was thrilled when The Pearl asked me to photograph their inaugural showcase last week. The Pearl is a beautiful new venue in the Dogpatch neighborhood of San Francisco. It's been open just under a year and is full of distinctive artwork from ar[...]
- Surprise proposals are one of my absolute favorite things to photograph. The excitement! The thoughtful planning! I loved working with Oliver to help him capture his surprise for Molly. I'll let them tell the story below.
From Oliver: Molly and I met online (this was really my first time ever try[...]
- I love getting to kick off each new year with a little gathering of my friends as I indulge in a bit of a birthday celebration. Last year, we took a pottery class, while the year before, we threw a swanky party in the garden at my studio. This year, I riffed on the crafting theme as we headed back t[...]
- I had such a wonderful time curating my client gifts this year. I got to combine my love of travel, photographs, and storytelling into fun little holiday packages. Starting back in January, I picked up mini maple syrup bottles from my trip to Vermont, and as I traveled throughout the year, I searche[...]
- I'm so thrilled to share the images from my holiday card sessions this year. In collaboration with Brown Fox Calligraphy, we created these lovely custom cards. Glimpse a couple of my favorite photos from each session below! Thank you to Jen & Christophe, the Bermudez family, and Tiffany and Mike[...]