I am looking for one or two awesome people to work with me behind the scenes of my wedding & portrait photography business! You will be working with me about 3-5 hours a week at my office in SoMa, San Francisco. The internship is unpaid, but you will gain experience and training in return.
- Can commit to working 3-5 hours/week for the next six months to one year.
- Are an aspiring photographer with serious interest in working as a photographer either part-time or full-time.
- Have some understanding of dSLR photography and own your own dSLR.
- Are computer-savvy and fluent with social media (twitter, facebook, blogging).
- Live in the San Francisco Bay Area and are able to travel to San Francisco once a week.
- Are reliable and professional. You are on time and never cancel on your commitments.
THINGS YOU’LL PROBABLY BE DOING:
- Meeting with me once a week at my office in San Francisco.
- Image Editing: learning how to cull down to the best work, learning some lightroom/photoshop skills, and learning to manage a workflow that works!
- Client Interaction: managing new client inquiries, delivering galleries and products to existing clients.
- Marketing & Advertising: assisting with marketing campaigns, creating and submissions for publication, and leveraging social media in the best way
- Assisting at shoots when available– mainly assisting with lighting and gear. This is NOT a second shooter position, but you may be allowed to take photos for personal portfolio use when there is time.
- Special Projects: I always have a few things up my sleeve, and you’ll get to see what it takes to create these personal projects, styled shoots, and other productions.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
- One-on-one workshops and consultations with Anna– we can cover anything from camera technique to business development
- Constant feedback on your images and portfolio
- Behind-the-scenes view of my business– emails, client contacts, shooting, post-processing, and more
- Access to my overflow photography inquiries
- An ally and a friend
- The adventure of learning with me as I learn!
- Please email me at anna[at]annawu[dot]com.
- Tell me your story, your photography/relevant experience, and why you want this internship.
Also check out my 2013 intern Rosa’s reflections and tips on interning with me: Wedding Photography from an Intern Point of View.
I will be setting up interviews with applicants in the next several weeks and will have a trial run period before any confirmations are made. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please contact me only via email. Facebook messages, tweets, etc. will not be considered as official applications, but feel free to help spread the word!
Thank you to all my past interns and assistants, including Rosa Guerra from 2013 (whose behind-the-scenes photos appear in the image above), Cassandra Manansala, Jessica Spencer, and Alyse Hebert from 2012, and Sammie Mui from 2011.