With the sand castles, the gorgeous weather, and the element of complete surprise, their proposal was perfect. If you missed Shelly & Mark’s proposal, you’ll need to head there first and come back when you’re done. After all the tears and the uncontrollable grins, such a wild spectrum of emotions, we headed back to our friend Nikki’s place to give Shelly and Mark a chance to call all the important people, freshen up, and let it sink in a tiny bit. And an hour or two later, we headed back out for some engagement photos at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco. We thought we were racing the clock against forecasts of afternoon rain, but this day was clearly designed for perfection, because there was not a drop of rain to be seen.
Shelly and Mark made me just so happy to do what I do. It is a privilege to be able to just photograph moments like these.
Love the one on the right below. And love the pink tinted columns at the Palace of Fine Arts. The giant pergola was originally designed as part of the Panama-Pacific Exposition in 1915, which we learned from our Nikki, who happened to design all of the plaques and signs on site.
Show off those hot pink flats!
And one last one, snapped when they weren’t paying attention. Genuine love. There’s nothing better in the world.
Congratulations again! I hope you’re enjoying all these photos back in Ohio!
- Sun & Elliot | San Francisco Engagement Photography
- Erin & Jack | San Francisco Engagement Photography
- Catherine & Joe | Baker Beach | San Francisco Engagement Photography
- Shelly & Mark’s Surprise Proposal | China Beach, San Francisco Engagement Proposal!
- Silvia & James’ Engagement Session | Palace of the Legion of Honor | San Francisco Engagement Photography