HEY SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA! I am looking for one or two awesome people to work with me behind the scenes of my wedding photography business! You will be working with me about five hours a week, either in the East Bay (Berkeley or Oakland) or sometimes remotely. The internship is unpaid, but you will gain experience and training in return!
- Can commit to working 3-5 hours/week for the next six months.
- Are an aspiring photographer with serious interest in working as a photographer either part-time or full-time.
- Have some understanding of dSLR photography and own your own dSLR.
- Have not photographed more than two weddings as the primary photographer.
- Are computer-savvy and fluent with social media (twitter, facebook, blogging).
- Live in the San Francisco Bay Area and are able to travel to the East Bay once a week.
- Are reliable and professional. You are on time and never cancel on your commitments.
THINGS YOU’LL PROBABLY BE DOING:
- Meeting with me once a week in the East Bay (Berkeley or Oakland).
- Image Editing: learning how to cull down to the best work, learning some lightroom/photoshop skills, and learning to manage a workflow that works!
- Client Interaction: managing new client inquiries, delivering galleries and products to existing clients.
- Marketing & Advertising: assisting with marketing campaigns, creating and submissions for publication, and leveraging social media in the best way
- Assisting at shoots when available– mainly assisting with lighting and gear. This is NOT a second shooter position, but you may be allowed to take photos for personal portfolio use when there is time.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
- One-on-one workshops and consultations with Anna– we can cover anything from camera technique to business development
- Constant feedback on your images and portfolio
- Behind-the-scenes view of my business– emails, client contacts, shooting, post-processing, and more
- Access to my overflow photography inquiries
- An ally and a friend
- The adventure of learning with me as I learn!
- Please email me at anna[at]annawu[dot]com.
- Include: 1) Contact information. 2) Your photography/relevant experience. 3) Why you want this internship.
I will be setting up interviews with applicants in the next couple weeks and will have a trial run period before any confirmations are made. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Please contact me only via email. Facebook messages, tweets, etc. will not be considered as official applications, but feel free to help spread the word! Send everyone here: http://annawu.com/internship