Tags archives: california
- I am thrilled to have my birthday party featured on Style Me Pretty again this year! You might remember that I gathered a group of friends and we all learned how to carve wooden spoons in the garden at my studio. You can check out the feature on Style Me Pretty here: A Genius + Creative Way to Celeb[...]
- Cindy and Jon wanted a little bit of city and a little bit of the water for their engagement session, so we met up in the cute town of Sausalito, catching a lovely gap between rain storms and a gentle little sunset too.
Anna Wu is a wedding and portrait photographer based in San Fran[...]
- Shelley and Anthony are two of the warmest, kindest people. They share a sense of humor that brings out Anthony's goofy smirk and Shelley's infectious grin, both of which delight the other. They were wed at the historic Outdoor Art Club in the adorable town of Mill Valley. Their friends and family b[...]
- Snapshots from the Bay, this past December & January.
A mini Duke reunion
Old Ladies Knitting Club!
Tuesdays Together San Francisco, happy hour edition.
Sarah Kersten studio sale.
A weekend trip to Tahoe with Justin, Greg & Tiffany!
Many trips to SFMOMA.
- The Presidio is such a special area in San Francisco. It's a national park spanning the entire northwestern corner of the city, and it comprises forests, beach, nature trails, and several gorgeous wedding venues. In short, it's one of my favorite things about the city. I was thrilled to be asked bac[...]
- About an hour south of San Francisco is a little hidden gem: a hostel on the sea at Pigeon Point Lighthouse. For $40, you get a room, access to a hot tub overlooking the ocean, and even wifi. Kim and Chris discovered this little hideaway together, and one day on a romantic stroll down to the beach, [...]
- Today marks the 70th anniversary of the February 28 (228) Massacre in Taiwan. Tens of thousands were murdered by the Nationalist government that had fled China and taken over rule in Taiwan, and martial law was imposed for 40 years thereafter. Incredibly, Taiwan has since become a vibrant democracy [...]
- Snapshots from my Bay Area adventures this past November.
A little shadow play at Little Gem.
Tai Chi Jian Bing.
Scouting Jordan Winery for a surprise proposal!
Always lovely to take a little Napa retreat.
We picked up some goodies from the Dry Creek General Store and headed[...]
- "Imagine your drunk best friend," said Casey, " crossed with a well-researched museum docent." So described the kind of tone promised by Museum Hack in its alternative, modern museum tours. I was excited to test out one of these "Un-Highlights" tours when they offered me a pair of media tickets. Gra[...]
- I've brought back my Portrait Parties! This was the third party in the series after a long hiatus from last year. The idea is very simple: I gather a small group of people, we throw ourselves a little party, and I take portraits of everyone. Each participant contributes to the party too, and we all [...]
- I loved exploring the north side of the Golden Gate with Liz and Ryan on their engagement session. We hiked up to Battery Spencer and down to Kirby Cove, with varied scenes and an abundance of beautiful sights all along the way. See a few of my favorites below!
Anna Wu is a weddin[...]
- This industry sure knows how to throw itself a party! I was thrilled when The Pearl asked me to photograph their inaugural showcase last week. The Pearl is a beautiful new venue in the Dogpatch neighborhood of San Francisco. It's been open just under a year and is full of distinctive artwork from ar[...]