And finally, my solo road trip reaches San Diego! After a lovely lunch with my friends Wayne & Angela, I headed back toward the ocean for a visit to La Jolla (pronounced La Hoya). I think I may have found a little slice of paradise.
When I walked over to the prohibitive-looking cliffs, a friendly local showed me exactly how to get down from the top down to the waters. I wasn’t really dressed for it, in my skirt and flip flops, carrying one of our brand new cameras, but I made it! And it was worth the climb.
I also headed over to the small beach area in the cove where all the families were hanging out, including all the seals who were sunbathing just a few feet away. These were regular, cute looking seals, not quite the elephant seals I saw in San Simeon.
Happy sigh. Such clear, warm waters. I happily ran into the ocean and floated around for a while, sand, salt, and all.
As many variations I’ve seen on this theme, it never seems to get old.
Like what you see? View the rest of the California Coasting solo road trip so far.
- Hearst Castle & Piedras Blancas | California Coasting, Part 1
- Cambria | California Coasting, Part 2
- San Simeon | California Coasting, Part 3
- San Luis Obispo | California Coasting, Part 4
- Solvang & Santa Barbara | California Coasting, Part 5
- Ojai | California Coasting, Part 6
- Ventura | California Coasting, Part 7
- Pasadena & Alhambra | California Coasting, Part 8
- Orange County | California Coasting, Part 9
- La Jolla | California Coasting, Part 10
- San Diego | California Coasting, Part 11
And come find me on facebook for more daily adventures and my professional wedding & portrait work!